Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

I had a productive weekend... in sightseeing terms.
Saturday the sights were obtained in Stirling. The first thing I noticed was that, in stark contrast with Glasgow, the streets were actually clean. It seemed to me to have more old nice buildings than Edinburgh, and the castle was more "castley" too. I went with Bhuvanesh again, but I ran into Josep who is a Croatian guy also visiting U. Glasgow who was in Cairncross House for a few days when I first arrived, so we all grouped up for the day.

There was some sort of falconry demonstration going on - why there was an owl there I don't know.


After the castle we walked to the Wallace monument


This dragon

lay at one end of the Bridge of Allan, along the way.
That was Saturday. Then, today I walked around town - went to the Gallery of modern art, which has what I assume is one of the few native parrots in Scotland

and then I went over to Glasgow cathedral,


St. Mungo's museum, the necropolis and wandered back through U. Strathclyde campus in anticipation of a visit there to talk about my BEC physics.
I took about 290 photos this weekend, which is a lot more than I have been taking.

0 comments: