Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

Day 2 1/2

Well, my lost bag finally found its way to me today. What a relief.
The conference has been really great so far. There are tons of squirrels and chipmunks here.
Also, as a side-benefit, there have been many good vortex talks. I've met many people whose papers I've cited, including M V Berry. I had to drop one name, but I'll limit myself to him. I'll mention others when I return.
I'm in a dormitory room in a lovely looking building, but with an awful mattress. In fact, the buildings here are all very cool looking. The weather has been perfect - blue skies and around 25 degrees C. The introductory talk mentioned that at one of these conferences they had 13 inches of rain. It may be a sign that my holiday out west will be stinking hot.
You need a car to get around this city, so I'm basically confined to the campus, but it's very nice and conducive to meeting others.

All for now.

0 comments: