Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

Day 2 3/4

The food here is really good and today and it's probably 27 degrees C. There's a banquet tonight to look forward to. I may have picked up something on the plane, because I've been feeling a bit unwell until today. Also, I've been suffering from waves of jetlag where I'm struggling to stay awake. I avoided taking a Melatonin tablet yesterday because I thought this might be the cause, but I think I've ruled it out, so I'll be taking some again tonight and tomorrow at least.

One of this morning's plenary speakers, James Franson, was unable to talk this morning because he was mugged just outside the campus last night and is in hospital for observation, although they say he's OK now - a reminder that this is America. There are always people around on campus, so it feels safe though.

0 comments: