Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

OK. So Shakes, this is what Bill Murray got stuck in a time vortex for (note the vortex theme).


Today is the last day of the conference and I've had enough, but it's been really good. Last night we were treated to an hilarious after dinner presentation by the funniest physicist I've ever heard, by name of Jonathan Dowling - apparently it was his report that convinced the US to fund the quantum computing programme.

Next, on the right, we have what I think Shakes thinks I mean by ground hog, but is in fact what I think are his Looney tunes characters.

So, I've booked my accommodation in LA and a couple of days in SF for when I get there. Tomorrow is a flying day and then I have a possible Universal Studios visit with which to while away a day, but I haven't decided yet.

And finally, for completeness, we have what is apparently known as a 'ground' squirrel, as opposed to another type of undefined squirrel. It should probably be called a trash squirrel though.

I'm being chucked out now, so that's all.

4 comments:

Unknown 16 June 2007 at 11:17 pm  

Whoops, I put this on the wrong date.
Just a novice about blogs.
Glad you had a good time at the conference and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Ingerudi

gazzar 18 June 2007 at 2:57 am  

Thanks Mum,
The conference was good, except for the mattress I slept on.

Shakes 18 June 2007 at 10:56 am  

No, they be Elvin and the chipmunks (Disney cartoon). Not a fan of them. I meant these guys... not hogs obviously in retrospect.... HILARIOUS! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goofy_Gophers)

PS: <3 Wikipedia... all knowing.

KitKat 18 June 2007 at 11:25 am  

They be nasty grey squirrels. They's got theyselves introduced to europe and have almost ousted the european red squirrel. Just ask any English octogenarian.