Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

You'd think it would be easy to access the internet here in the US, but these are the days of pay-through-the-nose fixed access or free Wifi access, so everything's set up for laptops, hence my quietness on this blog. So, I finished the trek. The Grand Canyon was ... well ... grand. Las Vegas was somewhat boring, mainly because not much was happening there besides gambling on the night we stopped. I missed seeing Tim Robbins in the lobby of our motel there, but apparently our trek leader swooned when she saw him. Yosemite was the best couple of days. I think I'd recommend the Canada Rockies trek over this one, since things are closer together and there's less time sitting and driving. Tonight's my last night in SF. Tomorrow I get a car and begin driving down the coast to LA. I went over and had a look around 'Cal' UC Berkeley today and did Alcatraz. These machines aren't set up for downloading photos, so you'll all have to wait until I get back next week. This is probably my last post before returning to beautiful Melbourne. I've learnt that Americans are generally actually very nice, helpful people, but I'm looking forward to getting home. See you all soon.

3 comments:

Shakes 28 June 2007 at 1:17 pm  

So what was Al Capone's cell like? :D And did Berkley have a Unix center/museum? 8) Anyway, cya's soon.

KitKat 29 June 2007 at 10:39 am  

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
- Jeremy S. Anderson

KitKat 29 June 2007 at 10:40 am  

How many times have you been told to "Have a nice day"? And do you still have to manually add tax to the price of everything you buy in California?