Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

The members of the optics group here have all made me feel very welcome. Look, I made the people page. I'm in an office with Jonathan Leach and Kevin O'Holleran. I'm currently staying about a 5 minute walk from the university and I haven't yet made it nor have I needed to make it beyond the local environs. I'm not set up to use voice-over-IP yet - I'll have to wait until I move accommodation this weekend to see whether that is possible. Until then, I've got a local mobile phone card now, so I'm contactable on 07503334863, presumably at exhorbitant expense from Australia.

So I'm staying in a little loft-room, which is tiny and fine as long as I don't want to do any work in it, since the two chairs are both wonky and could apparently collapse at any second. Breakfast is included and very good, with friendly staff.





This is one of the offices down the hall at the university:

4 comments:

... 11 June 2008 at 9:07 pm  

Nice work on the People page! Your environs looks very pretty (too).

... 11 June 2008 at 9:08 pm  

So have you met Dr Malkovich?!!

gazzar 12 June 2008 at 11:52 pm  

I should change that picture so there's someone standing next to the door which is actually about 1 metre high and about as wide. I guess you've seen the film, right. Well, there is in reality no Dr Malkovich behind the door in the photo.

KitKat 14 June 2008 at 9:11 am  

So what is behind the door?