Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

Thursday already

It feels like I haven't achieved much since my last post, but outside of study I've watched a bit of the Euro cup, been out pubbing with the other PhD students here, and started learning Blender. I saw more squirrels and a fox. There's another Melbournite in the place I'm staying; a retiree from Brunswick over here on a genealogy quest. The showers here have there light switches outside the rooms and this morning, inevitably, someone switched the light off, leaving me in (the almost) complete dark.

As for study, it looks like I'll have to learn Labview (Habib, are you reading this?) if I don't want to reinvent the many wheels that the Glasgow group have wrighted (is that a word?). We're coming up with experiment/investigation ideas and I've been working on an idea I had whilst still in Oz, which is looking unlikely to go far. My paper was accepted and I spent some time doing a kind-of press release thingy for it.

I haven't used the camera for a few days - I've switched off my photo-mind until the weekend - these shots are from last weekend. I'm thinking of seeing more of Glasgow this weekend before venturing further out on future weekends, but I'll see how things turn out.

0 comments: