Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

What tourist's do in Edinburgh

The internet in my room was down since Friday, so no posts.

Following on from the title...
... Go to the castle, walk down the royal mile, go to the Mary King's Close ghost tour and walk up Arthur's seat. What I did: castle, Mary King's, Salisbury Crags (just in front of Arthur's seat). Being the castle aficionado that I am, I wouldn't rate Edinburgh castle as a must-see - it doesn't have the same "castleness" as others I've been to, but it has some museums that certainly made it worthwhile visiting.
This gargoyle is a ripper though!
Proof that I was actually there:
I didn't get to the Scottish museum, which I'll do if I find myself back there, perhaps during the festival.
Mary King's - a good, not expensive way of getting a small dose of history, delivered in an entertaining, tongue-in-cheek, way. Salisbury Crags is a quick, slightly sweat-inducing, puffing, walk up to a great view. That's Arthur's seat at the back there:
And finally, Napier, inventor of the original vacuum coffee maker, was a Glaswegian, as the Kelvingrove museum attests:

0 comments: