Rotolux

Physics, Python programming, Miscellaneous geekness

Arrival

So I've arrived in Glasgow, after some delays and mechanical hiccups with the flights, but I nevertheless caught all my flights and managed to get some sleep on the way too, so I'm functioning pretty well. So far I've experienced lots of sandstone (I think) buildings and lots of helpful Glaswegians. I've discovered that the Kelvin building, which is what the physics building is called, is a multi-level maze of disconnected sections containing many physicists doing different things to those we do at Monash, such as working on gravitational wave detectors and particle detectors. Kevin O'Holleran, who I met at the Rochester conference, has given me a lab tour. I can't post any images yet because I left my card reader back in the hotel room, but maybe tomorrow. Everyone else that I've been introduced to so far are postgraduate students, except I think for a couple of Research Assistants. The hotel I'm in for the next few days is just a short walk from the university. It doesn't have internet access so for my family who may be wondering about whether I'll have voip set up, I'll just rely on email for the next few days until I move into the student accomodation. I'll also try to get a mobile phone card tomorrow.

2 comments:

... 10 June 2008 at 8:40 am  

so... is it Haggis for breakfast then?

gazzar 12 June 2008 at 11:49 pm  

No haggis has yet been consumed but it is on the list.